Follow by Email

Sonntag, 1. Juni 2014

My favourite cafés and bars interior-wise!

1. Potted Out Cafe, Grasmere, Lake District, UK (http://www.grasmeregardens.com/page/potted-out-cafe.cfm.html)
I stumbled across this little jewel while on a walking holiday in the Lake District in 2012. Sitting down for a spot of lunch was like a revelation. 
My first thought was: How clever! Someone put a lot of thought and effort  into the design. It's not often that you can identify the design concept at once and relate to it! It features old gardening tools hanging from the green walls and garden-themed pictures. It is actually connected to the local garden center!
My second thought was: I wonder if I could do that (interior design), that looks like fun!



2. Occam Deli, Munich, Germany (http://occamdeli.com/)
A recent discovery is this great cafè by day / bar by night in Munichs hip Schwabing district. I love its industrial interior design with a brick wall, one with reclaimed wooden boards and one painted in anthracite. The details are dark wooden shelves, a ventilation pipe, tin cans as pots for little ferns (I lurvve ferns!).






 3.  Naked for Satan, Melbourne, Australia (http://www.nakedforsatan.com.au/bar-de-pintxos-y-vodka/)
 I have written before about my favourite Melbournian haunt but it's just too awesome not to feature here. They have distilling paraphernalia and a Fifties Pin-up wallpaper in the back. The ladies also have huge distilling kettles. They offer a great luchtime pinxtos special and a range of infused vodkas. I've just discovered that they opened up a rooftop bar - if that's not a reason to go back, I don't know!





1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Difficult to choose a favourite!!! Naked Satan is definitely on my list of places-to-visit. ;)
Susan