Lisbon is a magical place full of sun and light!
Here are a few tips for your visit:
1. Get a Via Viagem ticket for the Metro, trams and ferries at the airport. It's a bit like an oyster card and you can upload any amount. We put 15 Euros on it and didn't use it all up in 5 days.
It's valid for one year after purchase. Transport Lisboa
2. Try the local fish and wine specialities for example at "Babete" restaurant in Calcada do Duque.
3. Visit the Castelo de Sao Jorge. You get marvellous views over the old town and the river. There's a restaurant and a coffeeshop, where you can get sandwiches and drinks for eating in the sun. The countless steps to the castle walls might be too much if you're not steady on your feet though.
5. Visit the ruins of the Carmo Cathedral also known as the Museo Arqueologico do Carmo.
6. Have drinks in the evenings at your local outside bar. I loved the Porto Tonic and the Caipirao.
7. Go for a ride on the legendary Tram 28!
8. If you love your custard tart go for a Pastel de Nata or any other of their baked goods!
9. Watch the sunrise or sunset from one of the many miradouros (viewpoints) around town.
10. Try to learn at least the most basic phrases like Bom dia or Boa tarde and most important of all: Obrigado/obrigada for Thank you!
And last but not least: Don't forget to relax!